Fruit juice based Oral Nutritional Supplement - High in Omega-3 from fish oil and Vitamin D
Remune™ is a partially balanced Food for Special Medical Purposes (FSMP) for the dietary management of disease-related malnutrition in patients with pre-cachexia or cachexia especially due to cancer or COPD.
Cachexia is a multifactorial syndrome characterised by weight loss, loss of muscle mass and strength, anorexia, inflammation and metabolic impairment, that frequently is present in chronic diseases like cancer and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
Remune™ aims to increase the intake of omega-3 fatty acids (especially EPA and DHA) and vitamin D3 together with energy and protein in order to supply patients with additional nutrients which they cannot get through their normal diet. Remune™ is a supplement to be used in addition to normal food or in combination with standard Oral Nutrition Supplements (ONS).
Remune™ is juice-based. With its fruity flavours (peach and raspberry) and smoothie-like texture, it provides patients with impaired appetite an alternative taste compared to most of the sweet milk-based ONS.
- 86% Fruit juice based emulsion
- Available in peach and raspberry flavour
- High levels of omega-3 fatty acids (EPA and DHA)
- High in vitamin D
- High biological value whey protein
- Low in lactose
- Halal certified
- Ready to drink
- 18 units in a carton
For the dietary management of disease related malnutrition in patients with pre-cachexia or cachexia especially due to cancer or COPD.
Recommendation for supplemental nutrition is 2 units/day (one unit is 200mL), unless otherwise determined by a healthcare professional or dietitian based on patient need.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Shake well before use. Drink Remune directly from container with the provided straw or pour into a glass. Best served chilled. Store below 25°C and protect from direct sunlight. Once container is opened, store in a refrigerator and use within 24 hours.
Suitable for children > 4 years, adults and elderly.
Not for parenteral use! Only to be used under medical supervision. Not suitable for children < 4 years. Remune™ has a low lactose content and contains fish oil that is purified from fish protein. It contains whey protein from milk. Not to be used by patients with cow's milk allergy.
Compared to an isocaloric milk-based drink patients nourished with Remune™ showed:
- Better survival in the subset of patients with pre-cachexia1
- No negative effect on tolerability of the platinum-based chemotherapy treatment1
- Good tolerability - numerically smaller number of adverse events compared to the comparator group (64 vs. 87 AE)1
- Increased omega-3 fatty acids (EPA and DHA) and vitamin D levels in plasma1
- Reduced exercise-induced dyspnea and fatigue2
1. Laviano A et al. Safety and Tolerability of Targeted Medical Nutrition for Cachexia in Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer: A randomized, double-blind, controlled pilot trial. Nutrition in Cancer (2019). DOI 10.1080/01635581.2019.1634746.
2. Calder PC et.al. Targeted medical nutrition for cachexia in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a randomized, controlled trial. Journal of Cachexia, Sarcopenia and Muscle (2017). DOI: 10.1002/jcsm.12228.
|RemuneTM Peach||3572130||200mL unit|
|RemuneTM Raspberry||3572140||200mL unit|