For 20 years, B. Braun has been working alongside patients and healthcare professionals in the development of therapeutic educational tools and the Actreen® range dedicated to intermittent urinary catheterisation.
Main characteristics of Actreen® catheters
Pre-lubricated and ready-to-use catheters
Actreen® catheters are pre-lubricated with a formula composed of glycerin and water. They are ready-to-use, with no need to add water.
No drying out for up to 60 minutes
No catheter drying out: Once opened from the packaging, Actreen® catheters don't dry out for up to 1 hour (1)
Thanks to it's lubricant formula, the water molecules are captured by the glycerin.
We ensure safer products by using PVC and latex-free material. We work with no-touch concepts to prevent any catheter contamination. We've also implemented anti-reflux valves on the urine bags of the sets.
Low risk of urinary tract infection
Glycerin solutions create a bacteriostatic medium, in which bacteria will not develop.(2)
Easy to open and environmentally friendly packaging
Our user friendly packaging is easy to open, meaning that Actreen® catheters can also be used by patients with limited dexterity.
The catheters and sets do not have any additional outer packaging or plastic foil so you have direct access to the catheter and it reduces the environmental footprint.(3) The packaging of this new catheter generation is also recyclable and environmentally friendly. If the plastic material is incinerated, the polyethylene is broken down into water and carbon dioxide.
Wide range of catheters/ sets
- Three catheter lengths: mini (9 cm), midi (16 cm), maxi (37 cm/ 41 cm)
- Two different tips: Nelaton and Tiemann
- A large choice of diameters: from CH06 to CH18 (from 2.0 mm to 6.0 mm)
Silky eyelets for smooth insertion
Thanks to our Actreen® technology, our product manufacturing process has been improved to obtain smooth eyelets on our Actreen® catheters. This means:
- Non traumatic catheter eyes for smooth insertion
Our products are developed for you in close collaboration with healthcare professionals and patients to provide you: ready to use, lightweight, easy to carry and discreet products.
B. Braun has a worldwide presence to provide a good service to our customers around the world.
(1) B.Braun Internal Report 2012 comparing the level of lubrication after opening on 3 intermittent catheters. Data On File.
For safety and hygienic reasons, we advise you to use the product in the shortest possible time after opening.
(2) Glycerol dissimilation and its regulation in bacteria, Lin, Annual Review of Microbiology, 1976, and Principles of the thermal destruction of microorganisms, Plug, Holcomb & Gomez, Williams & Wilkins, 2000.
(3) F. Bouton EVEA, 16 May 2017. Environmental comparison between Actreen® Hi-Lite range and competitors products. External Report. Data on file.