Foam dressing with silicone adhesive and additional adhesive border
Specifically designed for wounds on the heel, Askina® DresSil® Heel is a new foam dressing with silicone adhesive. It is easy to position and is self-adherent, so there is no need for secondary fixation.
The foam layer provides excellent absorption capacity and retention properties. Soft and conformable it has a cushioning effect which gives more protection and helps to relieve pressure.
Soft silicone adhesive layer:
- Atraumatic dressing removal(1)
- Repositionable, allowing wound inspection
- Coated all over the foam to allow intimate contact
- No need for additional fixation
- Excellent absorption capacity
- Soft and conformable
- Adaptable shape
- Security for improved patient comfort
- Shower proof
(1)Thomas S Atraumatic dressings. WorldWideWounds, 2003.
Askina®DresSil Heel is indicated for the management of moderately exuding chronic and acute wounds located on the heel:
- Pressure ulcer
- Diabetic foot ulcer
- Skin tears
- Venous and arterial leg ulcer
- First and second degree burns
- Donor sites.
Askina® DresSil Heel can also be used for prevention of pressure ulcers. It protects the heel and the malleolous.
Traditional acrylic adhesive