Hydrophilic foam dressings
Askina® Foam Border is a hydrophilic foam dressing made of a polyurethane foam wound contact surface with high absorption capacity and a vapour permeable, water and bacteria resistant polyurethane film outer layer, which extends beyond the perimeter of the foam to form an adhesive border.
Askina® Foam Border is a square, two layered foam dressing,
particularly adapted for difficult-to-dress areas.
- Specially adapted for difficult-to-dress areas
- Excellent absorption and retention capacity
- Balanced adhesive formula: easy application, atraumatic removal
- Comfortable outer layer, highly permeable for air and water vapour
- Visual control of exudate absorption
- Good protection against friction and shear stress
Askina® Foam Border is contraindicated for ulcers resulting from infections, such as tuberculosis, syphilis, deep fungal infections bites or third degree burns. In case of infections with inflammatory signs (temperature, oedema, redness, pain) contact proper medical authority. Resume the use of Askina® Foam Border when normal healing conditions are present again. Do not use if package is damaged or open.
Moderately exuding wounds: stage I–IV pressure ulcers, venous and arterial leg ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, 1st and 2nd degree burns, traumatic wounds